In what proved to be a challenging trading session for the stock market, GameStop Corp. Cl A (GME) saw its shares slip by 3.12% to $20.83 on Wednesday. This marked the second consecutive day of losses for the stock.
The overall market sentiment was bearish, with the S&P 500 Index (SPX) falling 1.38% to 4,513.39 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) declining by 0.98% to 35,282.52.
GameStop Corp. Cl A closed $27.16 below its 52-week high of $47.99, which it achieved on August 8th, showcasing a significant decline in its stock value.
On the same day, GameStop underperformed compared to some of its competitors: Apple Inc. (AAPL) dropped by 1.55% to $192.58, AT&T Inc. (T) experienced a modest rise of 0.35% to $14.35, and Best Buy Co. Inc. (BBY) witnessed a decline of 1.85% to $81.24.
The trading volume for GameStop Corp. Cl A was 2.6 million shares, remaining 1.5 million shares below its 50-day average volume of 4.2 million.
- GameStop Corp. Cl A (GME) shares slipped by 3.12% to $20.83.
- Poor trading session resulted in a decline in the broader market, with SPX falling by 1.38% to 4,513.39 and DJIA declining by 0.98% to 35,282.52.
- Second consecutive day of losses for GameStop Corp. Cl A.
- GameStop closed $27.16 below its 52-week high of $47.99 achieved on August 8th.
- GameStop underperformed compared to competitors such as AAPL, T, and BBY.
- Trading volume for GameStop Corp. Cl A was 2.6 million shares, 1.5 million shares below its 50-day average volume of 4.2 million.