European stocks recorded gains on Thursday, with the Stoxx Europe 600 index (XX:SXXP) rising by 0.79% to reach 464.23.
- The French CAC 40 index (FR:PX1) increased by 1.52% to reach 7,433.62.
- The German DAX (DX:DAX) rose by 0.91% to reach 15,996.52.
- The FTSE 100 index (UK:UKX) rose by 0.41% to reach 7,618.60.
- Real estate company Fastighets AB Balder Series B (SE:BALD) witnessed a significant increase of 6.6% in its share price.
- Technology firm Samhaellsbyggnadsbolaget i Norden AB Series B (SE:SBB) and real estate company TAG Immobilien AG (XE:TEG) also performed well, with their shares rising by 6.5% and 5.8% respectively.
- Orron Energy AB (SE:ORRON), a fossil fuels company, and media/entertainment company Viaplay Group AB Series B (SE:VPLAY) rounded out the top five performers, with their stocks gaining 5.7% and 5.2% respectively.
On the other hand, real estate/construction company Wienerberger AG (AT:WIE) experienced a significant decline, with its shares tumbling by 11.2% on Thursday.
Shares of business services firm ISS A/S (DK:ISS) and banking company KBC Group N.V. (BE:KBC) also declined, with their stocks falling by 10.8% and 5.9% respectively.
Top Five Decreases
Siemens AG (XE:SIE), a business/consumer services company, and industrial goods business Vestas Wind Systems A/S (DK:VWS) were among the top five companies with the largest stock decreases. Their stocks weakened by 4.8% and 4.1% respectively.
Currency and Commodities
The pound (GBPUSD) showed a slight increase of 0.04% against the dollar, while the euro (EURUSD) increased by 0.42%. Brent crude (UK:BRN00) dropped by 0.63% to $87.00.
Government Bond Yields
The yield on the 10-year gilt (BX:TMBMKGB-10Y) declined by 0.10 basis points to 4.368%, while the yield on the German 10-year bund (BX:TMBMKDE-10Y) rose by 3.100 basis points to 2.53%.